TechNet Magazine is always looking for original, well-written articles that help IT professionals learn about, design, implement, and manage solutions based on Microsoft products and technologies. We welcome submissions from all readers.
Great TechNet Magazine articles provide an in-depth look at real-world deployment, management, and security solutions using current Microsoft tools and technologies. Our readers love to see implementation post-mortems, advanced configuration details, useful tools, and tips for keeping their systems available, high-performing, and secure. If you've got something to share, tell us about it.
If you have an article idea, please send an article proposal to us at email@example.com. We will contact you for further details as necessary.
Your article proposal should include:
- A brief description of the article you're proposing.
- Your expected completion date.
- The intended audience (such as system administrators, database managers, or Web developers).
- The technologies discussed (such as Active Directory, SQL Server, or Exchange).
- Let us know whether you've previously published or have granted rights to this article to another publisher, whether in print or on the Web.
Typical article length is between 2000 and 4000 words.
TechNet Magazine is currently looking for submissions on many topics, but here are a few areas we'd really like to hear more about. If you're an expert in any of these areas, or if you feel you've got some particularly noteworthy insight, send us your ideas.
- Interoperability with Microsoft technologies
- Active Directory and directory services
- Desktop deployment and management
- Communication and collaboration
- Office and SharePoint
- Database administration
- IIS and Web technologies
The Small Print
We give careful consideration to all submissions based on originality, appropriateness for the magazine's scope, your writing style in the submission, and our current scheduling. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if we're interested in your material. Due to our space limitations, we can't use every good article idea.
Note that we generally cannot use your article if you have granted rights to this article to another publisher, it has been published previously in print or on the Web, or the article is adapted from another source (such as a book).
Authors who are not employed by Microsoft are eligible for payment when the article is published, with the rates set by contract before submission.
Send an article proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.