Event ID 264 — Image Server Configuration
Updated: November 21, 2007
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
For the boot and install images to be available, the Windows Deployment Services image server must be configured and initialized correctly. The image server stores configuration information in the registry and in Active Directory Domain Services.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||An error occurred while processing a log message request.
Client Address: %1
Error Information: %2
Examine the code or contact the provider of the custom client
Custom clients must meet the requirements defined in the software development kit (SDK). The Windows Deployment Services server received a logging message from the custom deployment client that it does not understand. For example, the server may be configured to log only errors and warnings, and the custom client may have sent an informational event.
To resolve this issue, examine the code of the custom client to ensure that it meets these requirements, or contact the vendor for further support. To download the Microsoft Windows SDK) for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=104661.
To perform this procedure, you must either be a member of the local Domain Admins group or have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the image server is working correctly:
- Open the Command Prompt window.
- To stop and restart the WDSServer service, run net stop wdsserver, run net start wdsserver at the command prompt.
- Open Event Viewer. (Click Start, type Event Viewer in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER).
- In the left pane, expand Custom Views, expand Server Roles, and then click Windows Deployment Services.
- Click the Date and Time column heading to sort the events based on date and time.
- Look for WDSIMGSRV event 256.