Event ID 1125 — IIS W3SVC Performance Counter Availability
Updated: January 20, 2010
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Internet Information Services (IIS) World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) collects HTTP-specific performance counters for Web sites. The W3SVC initializes the counters and receives them from HTTP.sys, the protocol listener for HTTP. If W3SVC is not available, HTTP performance counter data cannot be gathered.
|Product:||Internet Information Services|
|Message:||The World Wide Web Publishing Service (WWW Service) failed to start the timer for gathering performance counters. The data field contains the error number.|
Performance counter status information
The event log message is informational regarding performance counter status. The issue will be corrected by the system; you do not have to take any action.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that a performance counter is functioning correctly:
- Click Start, Administrative Tools, Server Manager.
- In the left pane of Server Manager, expand Diagnostics, then expand Reliability and Performance.
- Expand Monitoring Tools, then click Performance Monitor. The Performance Monitor window appears in the middle pane.
- In the Performance Monitor toolbar, click the Add icon (the green plus sign.) The Add Counters screen appears.
- Under Available counters, select the counter you want to verify.
- On the bottom of the screen, click Add. In the right pane, the counter appears in the Added counters window.
- Click OK.
- At the bottom of the screen, the name of the counter should be visible in the Counter field.
Note: If data for the counter does not appear, check the Application log for Event ID 2006 with source IIS-W3SVC-PerfCounters. You may receive this error if there is no data available for the counter.