Log Off a User from a Session
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
You can log off a user from a session in Remote Desktop Services Manager by using the Log Off action.
In Remote Desktop Services Manager, in the left pane, click the Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server on which the user session is running.
On the Users tab, right-click the user that you want to log off, and then click Log Off.
Click OK to log off the user from the session.
- You can always log off from your own sessions if you are logged on with the same user account.
- To log off another user from a session, you must have Full Control permission.
- Logging off a user from a session without warning can result in loss of data on the user's session. You should send a message to the user to warn the user before taking this action.
- When you log off a user from a session, all processes end, and the session is deleted from the RD Session Host server.
- You can use the logoff command-line tool to log off a user from a session.