Update Impact Reports
Published: June 11, 2010
Updated: June 11, 2010
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Vista
On the Update Impact Reports screens, you can view the compiled report data for your organization's installed applications or a Windows update, based on the Update Compatibility Evaluator (UCE) data, including:
- The total number of installed applications that might be impacted by a Windows update
- The total number of installed applications that have no associated compatibility data
- The total number of non-impacted installed applications
- The total number of installed applications
- The total number of Windows updates that might impact at least one installed application
- The total number of Windows updates that have no impact to your installed applications
- The total number of Windows updates analyzed by UCE
To access the Update Impact Reports screen
Click Analyze from the Quick Reports pane.
The Analyze screen appears.
Click Update Impact Reports in the Quick Reports pane.
The Update Impact Reports screen appears
Viewing Detailed Update Impact Reports
You can click the other report names from the Update Impact Reports area of the Quick Reports pane, to view more specific information for that item. For example, you can click Applications under the Update Impact Reports heading, to view specific information about your applications, as they relate to the new Windows updates.
|Quick Report Name||Report Details|
Update Impact Reports - Applications
Provides information about any installed application that might be potentially impacted by a required Windows update. This information includes active issues and the affected computer name. For more information, see Update Impact Report - Applications.
Provides information about any required Windows update, including its release date, the MSRC severity, the MSRC Bulletin number, the update package title, the affected operating system, and any active issues. For more information, see Update Impact Report - Updates.