Event ID 1112 — Terminal Services Printer Redirection
Updated: January 5, 2012
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Terminal Services provides printer redirection, which routes printing jobs from a server to a printer that is attached to a client computer or to a shared printer that is available to the client computer. When a user establishes a remote session with a terminal server, the redirected printer will be available to applications running in the remote session.
By default, a Windows Server 2008 terminal server first tries to use the Terminal Services Easy Print driver. If the client computer does not support this driver, the terminal server looks for a matching printer driver installed on the terminal server. You can either install a matching printer driver on the terminal server, or you can create a custom printer mapping file.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Failed to register for user printing preferences change notification. Open the Services snap-in and confirm that the Printer Spooler service is running|
Start the Print Spooler service
To resolve this issue, start the Print Spooler service.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To start the service:
- On the terminal server, open the Services snap-in. To open the Services snap-in, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- In the Services pane, right-click Print Spooler, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, ensure that Startup type is set to Automatic. If it is not, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
- Under Service status, click Start.
- Click OK to close the Print Spooler Properties dialog box.
- Confirm that the Status column for the Print Spooler service displays Started.
To verify that printer redirection is working properly, establish a remote session with the terminal server and check that the redirected printer is available and is functioning as expected.