Managing a VMware Infrastructure 3 Environment in VMM
Updated: August 14, 2009
Applies To: Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1
Use the actions in the Virtualization Managers node of Administration view to add and manage VMware VirtualCenter servers so that you can manage a VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3) environment in VMM.
In This Section
- Configuring VMM to Manage a VMware Infrastructure 3 Environment
- Provides an overview of the tasks that are required to configure VMM to manage a VI3 environment.
- How to Add a VMware VirtualCenter Server
- Provides a procedure for adding the VMware VirtualCenter server so that VMM can use the VMware Infrastructure API to manage the VMware ESX hosts and virtual machines.
- How to Import VMware Templates
- Provides a procedure for importing your VMware templates to the VMM library so that you can use them in VMM.
- How to Modify the Properties of a VMware VirtualCenter Server
- Provides a procedure for modifying the properties of the VirtualCenter server.
- How to Replace the Certificate for a VMware VirtualCenter Server
- Provides a procedure for replacing the certificate for a VMware VirtualCenter Server.
- How to Remove a Virtualization Manager from VMM
- Provides a procedure for removing the VirtualCenter server.
Adding ESX Server Hosts
Managing a VMware Infrastructure in VMM (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128921)
Configuring Security for a Managed VMware Environment in VMM 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=145051)