Managing Management Packs
Updated: May 22, 2009
Applies To: Operations Manager 2007 R2, Operations Manager 2007 SP1
Management packs contain settings that enable agents to monitor a specific service or application in Operations Manager 2007. These settings include discovery information that allows management servers to automatically detect and begin monitoring objects, a knowledge base that contains error and troubleshooting information, rules and monitors that generate alerts, and reports.
Management packs might also contain tasks, diagnostics, and recovery tools and guidance to help fix problems.
New and updated management packs are continually being released. The recommendations in the Administering the Management Pack Life Cycle topic will help you manage the changes in your monitoring environment.
In This Section
- Introduction to Management Packs
- Provides an overview of management pack structure and components.
- Management Pack Formats
- Explains the differences between sealed and unsealed management packs.
- Administering the Management Pack Life Cycle
- Provides a recommended process for administering management packs in your business environment.
- Working with Management Packs
- Provides procedures for tasks you might need to perform when working with management packs.
- Customizing Management Packs
- Provides procedures for customizing management packs.