Event ID 1008 — CEIP Upload
Updated: January 6, 2009
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) provides information to help you interpret system messages that indicate the functional state of the periodic uploading of data to Microsoft, if you are participating in CEIP. CEIP uploading normally occurs once every 19 hours.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||A problem prevented Customer Experience Improvement Program data from being sent to Microsoft (Error %1).|
No user action is required
The Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program was unable to upload CEIP data from the computer to Microsoft. This failure has no adverse effects on other parts of the operating system, and no action is required of users.
Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) upload occurs once every 19 hours. You can verify that CEIP upload completed successfully by viewing details about the CEIP uploader task in Task Scheduler.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority. You can only verify CEIP upload on a computer that is enrolled in CEIP.
To view upload details in Task Scheduler:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Task Scheduler.
- In the tree pane, open Task Scheduler Library, open Microsoft, open Windows, and then select Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- In the results pane, select the Uploader task.
- On the History tab of the results pane, look in the Task Category column for the most recent occurrences of the following two events, in chronological order:
- Task Started
- Task Completed
- On the General tab of the Event Viewer area of the results pane, view the description text for the Task Completed event. To verify that CEIP upload completed successfully, look for description text similar to the following example:
- Task Scheduler successfully finished GUID_number instance of the "\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Uploader" task for user user_name.
- When you have finished verifying that the CEIP upload task completed successfully, close Task Scheduler.