New Contact List Features
Communications Server 2007 R2
Topic Last Modified: 2009-01-22
The Contact List in Office Communicator 2007 R2 contains the following new features for managing your phone contacts, call-forwarding groups, and current conversations.
- Sort by Display Name in any view. Whether you choose the Contact List, Access Levels, or Tagged Contacts view, you now have the option of sorting the contacts alphabetically by display name instead of presence state so that your Contact List can be used as an address book.
- Phone number contacts. You can add outside phone numbers to your Contact List so that you can conveniently call people, such as friends and family members, who do not have Communicator. You can type a phone number in the search box and then move it to your Contact List. Or, if you have recently dialed a phone number, the phone number appears in your Contact List under Recent Contacts and you can move it to your Contact List.
- New Groups in the Contact List for Delegates and Team-Call Group. In Communicator 2007 R2, you can display a Team-Call Group or a Delegates group in your Contact List. These two groups are determined by how you have configured your Call Forwarding settings. If you have set up a team-call group for the Team Call feature, you can display your Team-Call Group in the Contact List. For details, see Team Call in Office Communicator. If you have configured delegates who will be using Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Attendant to answer your calls and make calls on your behalf, you can display your Delegates group in the Contact List. For details, see Call Delegation in Office Communicator. Note that you cannot add contacts to these groups in the Contact List by dragging and dropping contacts into them. Because these features must be configured in your Call Forwarding Settings, if you try to drag a contact into one of these groups, a message will appear asking if you want to open the Call Forwarding Settings dialog box.
- New Current Conversations group. When you have one or more active Communicator conversations, a new group called Current Conversations appears in Communicator at the top of your Contact List. You can use this group to quickly scan your active conversations. You can also navigate quickly to one of the conversations in the list by double-clicking it.
- “Last active” presence information is available to Company Access Level. Contacts who are assigned an access level of Company can see how long you have been away when your status is Offline, Away, or Out of Office. Previously, only contacts who had access levels of Personal or Team could see this information.