Upgrade Toolkit for Windows SharePoint Services Sites and Templates
Published: February 8, 2007 | Updated: February 2, 2009
Download This Solution Accelerator
Click here to download the Upgrade Toolkit for Windows SharePoint Services Sites and Templates.
About This Solution Accelerator
With the release of Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0, users who have created sites based on any of the original Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 application templates offered on Microsoft TechNet or on other customized sites or site templates will want to upgrade them to work in the new environment.
The Solution Accelerator Team (SAT) has created a Solution Accelerator that provides guidance and tools to enable IT pros to successfully upgrade their custom sites and templates. The result: a set of custom sites and templates that will operate in a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 environment. This toolkit also includes a set of upgraded application templates.
Included in the Download
This Solution Accelerator includes the following components:
- Upgrade Toolkit for Windows SharePoint Sites and Templates Guide. End-to-end guidance to plan and implement custom site and template upgrades.
- Solution scripts. Nine command-line scripts to facilitate the upgrade process.
- Upgraded application templates. These are 33 application templates that have been upgraded to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
In More Detail
When you upgrade to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, your existing SharePoint sites are upgraded to work in the new environment and the new features are applied to them. Also during the upgrade, the default site templates are replaced by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 equivalents. This is not true, however, for customized sites and site templates―there are no equivalents for them and they do not upgrade correctly.
The Upgrade Toolkit for Windows SharePoint Services Sites and Templates serves two main purposes:
- To provide IT pros with the guidance and tools that they need to upgrade customized sites and site templates to function in a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 environment. The upgraded sites and site templates maintain their customizations and acquire a set of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 features.
- To provide a set of upgraded application templates based on those currently published for Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 on TechNet and to provide instructions for installing these application templates in the new environment.
- SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool
- SharePoint Cross-site Configurator
- SharePoint Monitoring Toolkit for System Center Operations Manager 2007
Community and Feedback
Please send questions or comments about this Solution Accelerator to mailto:email@example.com.
We want to hear what you think about Solution Accelerators – so we can make improvements and build better products.
If you’ve used a Solution Accelerator within your company or organization, please share your experience with us by completing this short survey (less than ten minutes long).
The Solution Accelerators Team
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT pros plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free, prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Sign up to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and collaboration
- Security, data protection, and recovery
- Operations and management
Download This Accelerator
Download the Upgrade Toolkit for Windows SharePoint Services Sites and Templates now.