Event ID 3080 — Virtual Machine Save Operation
Updated: April 7, 2009
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
This is preliminary documentation and subject to change.
Virtual Machine Save Operation
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||'%1' failed to create or access saved state file %3. (Virtual machine %2)|
Investigate the environment in which the virtual machine operation was attempted, including:
- access and permissions to the configuration file, memory file and all image files
- prior error messages in the event log
- available RAM on the system
- configuration settings.
- disk space for the memory file and any expanding virtual hard disks
- access and permissions to the saved state file
Once the necessary issues have been rectified, try to save state again.
The virtual machine is able to save successfully.