Uninstalling CCF 2009
You can use the CCF 2009 Installer to uninstall, modify or repair CCF 2009 installation. You can uninstall all installed CCF 2009 components other than DCS and MCE. CCF installs DCS and MCE using separate installers and treats them as external components. When uninstalling CCF 2009 SP1, you must ensure that you uninstall any install external components, before uninstalling CCF. The CCF Databases are not deleted when you uninstall CCF 2009 SP1. You must remove the CCF databases through the SQL Server Management Studio.
|Before you repair/modify/uninstall the existing installation, ensure that you have not uninstalled any of the CCF components from the Control Panel.|
Before uninstalling CCF 2009, you must manually uninstall the following components:
- MCE: You must uninstall the following MCE components, from Add/Remove Programs, before uninstalling CCF:
- MCE SF – WorkUnit VS 2008
- MCE SF – Logical View VS 2008
- MCE Software Factory VS 2008
If you are using Visual Studio 2008, the components that installed are - MCE SF – WorkUnit VS 2008, MCE SF – Logical View VS 2008, and MCE Software Factory VS 2008.
|If you are unable to uninstall the MCE Visual Studio Extensions, repair Guidance Automations Extensions component in Control Panel, and retry uninstalling.|
- HAT: You must uninstall the following HAT components, from Add/Remove Programs, before uninstalling CCF:
- HAT Application Project
- HAT Software Factory
- DCS: You must uninstall the following DCS components before uninstalling CCF:
- Microsoft Distributed Connectivity Services
- DCS Business Logic Visual Studio Extensions
For more information about uninstalling DCS, see Uninstalling Distributed Connectivity Services.
| MCE and HAT components will display an error while uninstalling, if they are corrupt. In this case, you should edit the registry to uninstall the components completely. You will have to delete all nodes containing the following entries:|
HAT Software Factory
HAT Application Project
MCE software Factory
MCE SF - WorkUnit VS 2008
MCE SF - Logical View VS 2008
The keys are under the key My Computer > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Installer > Products.
To uninstall CCF 2009:
- Open Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs and select CCF 2009.
- Click Change.
The CCF 2009 Installation Wizard is initiated.
Note: After installation, some temporary files remain on your computer that is not deleted. Ensure that you do not delete the files in the folder C:\Windows\Temp. CCF Installer uses these temporary files when you uninstall CCF 2009.
- In the Welcome Screen, click Next.
- In the Program Maintenance screen, select Remove and click on Next.
- Click Remove in the Remove Features screen.
CCF uninstalls all the components installed on the machine.
Note: If you are uninstalling after upgrading to CCF 2009 SP1, some files are not deleted from the <InstallDir>/Administrative Tools/ folder. You must manually delete these files (and the folder) from the installation path.
- Click Finish. You will have to restart the machine for the changes to take effect.