Modifying, Repairing, or Removing Microsoft DCS SP1
To modify, repair, or remove a Microsoft DCS SP1 installation, you must be an Active Directory user who has Web Service logon credentials. DCS uses Active Directory to verify user credentials.
- For more information about Active Directory, go tohttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/default.mspx
- For information about adding a user to Active Directory, go to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms961526.aspx
To modify, repair, or remove a Microsoft DCS SP1 installation
- Insert the DCS Installation media, and then locate the appropriate Setup.exe file for your system (the installation media has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions).
- Click Setup.exe to start the setup process. The DCS Installation Maintenance Wizard welcome page appears.
DCS Installation Maintenance Wizard welcome page
- Click Next. The Program Maintenance page appears.
Program Maintenance page
- Select the appropriate maintenance option:
- If you are modifying DCS SP1, select Modify, and then go to step 5.
- If you are repairing DCS SP1, select Repair, and then go to step 7.
- If you are removing DCS SP1, select Remove, and then go to step 9.
- Click Next. The Custom Setup page appears.The Custom Setup page displays the list of DCS services and components. You can add or remove features on this page. Any features that you add will be installed when you run the maintenance installation program. Any features that you remove will be uninstalled. The maintenance installation program will skip installed features that you are not modifying.
Custom Setup page
- After you select your changes, click Next and follow the wizard instructions to complete the modifications. For specific instructions when modifying specific components, refer to the installation upgrade procedures earlier in this document.
- After you select Repair on the Program Maintenance page, click Next. The Ready to Install page appears.
Ready to Install page – repairing a DCS SP1 installation
Note: During a repair installation, the Setup program will replace the binaries. The Web.config files and databases are not changed. If DLLs are missing in the installation that you are repairing, the Setup program will add them during the repair operation.
- Click Install to repair the DCS SP1.
- After you select Remove on the Program Maintenance page, click Next. The Remove the Program page appears.
Remove the Program page
- Click Remove to uninstall Microsoft DCS SP1.