Setting the DNS Address
You can install all CCF components on a single server or spread it across separate machines. The IIS server, SQL server, as well as any other remote servers, must be able to communicate with the DNS server.
To ensure this, check the DNS server address on each machine with the following procedure:
- Open the Local Area Connection Status window at Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Local Area Connection.
- In the Status window, Click Properties.
- In the connections list, double-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, make sure that the Use the following DNS server addresses: radio button is checked and that the IP address for the DNS server is correct.
Note: If the CCF installation is all on one machine or if the other machines share the DNS server machine, use the IP 127.0.0.1.
- Click OK to close the window and close each preceding window.