Installing CCF Database Server
The CCF Database Server uses SQL Server to provide database services to the core servers in a CCF Environment. If you are upgrading from a previous version of CCF, you can also migrate your existing database to a new database server. For more information on migrating data from previous CCF versions, see Upgrading from a Previous Version of CCF.
Following are the prerequisites for the CCF Discovery Services:
- Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003 with the latest SP - for the CCF framework.
- SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition, SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition SP1, or SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition with Reporting Services, which is used for database development and management.
To install CCF 2009 SP1 Database Server:
- On the Product CD, click Setup.
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- In License Agreement window, read the End User License Agreement, select the agree button, and click Next.
- In the Customer Information window, enter the User Name and Organization and click Next.
- In the Installation Environment window, select the Install CCF Components and click Next.
The Custom Setup screen is displayed.
- In the Custom Setup screen, select Server Components > CCF Server Database and Server Components > Database Tools.
- Optionally, you can change the installed path by click on Change and choosing an alternative path.
- Click OK to display the installation prerequisite check dialog box.
The Server Configuration screen is displayed.
- In the Server Configuration window, enter the server information and click Next.
Note: CCF 2009 only supports default and named instances for SQL Server, and not aliases. Ensure you enter only the default or named instance in the SQL Server (\Instance Name).
- You are prompted to enter the AzMan folder path and the CCF App Pool Account. The installer uses the CCF Application Pool Account to create the application pool for the web services. Enter the AzMan folder information and click Next.
CCF requires a low-privilege domain account ASPUser to replace the default ASPNET account on the IIS Server. CCF uses the account to access the CCF database server and other functionality in the CCF environment.
- Optionally, you can select Create User in the screen to create a new user. You will be prompted to confirm the password. Enter the password and click on Next.
- In the Ready to Install screen, click Install to start the installation.
The Post Installation Scripts screen is displayed after the installation is complete.
- Click Next in the Post Installation Scripts screen to complete the installation.
- Click Finish. You will have to restart the machine for the changes to take effect.