The CCF installer will install the functional components of the framework, Admin Tools, Agent Desktop, Database, Quick Starts, Services, source code, and documentation.
|You must install the CCF Components (Admin Tools, Multi Channel, MCE, etc.) on the machine that will run them. For example, install the CCF database on the physical machine that is the SQL server. By design, CCF does not support component installation across networks. You can handle installation remotely accessing an installation share for example.|
You uninstall any existing versions of CCF, before installing CCF 2009. However, you can retain your existing CCF database and upgrade it to CCF 2009 database. For more information, see Upgrading from a Previous Version of CCF.
|While uninstalling CCF 2009 SP1, the installer does not delete the CCF databases. In case you are reinstalling CCF 2009 SP1, ensure that you detach the existing databases before reinstalling.|
The CCF Installer provides two types of installations:
- Install CCF Components: This option installs one or more of the CCF Components based on your selection.
- Install CCF for Development: This option installs a demo CCF environment, on a single machine for demonstration and evaluation purposes.
The following sections demonstrate CCF installation for each of the roles:
- Installing CCF Core Services
- Installing Single Sign-On Server
- Installing a Policy Server
- Installing Discovery Services
- Installing Configuration Server
- Installing CCF Database Server
- Installing CCF Client
- Installing CCF Developer Client
- Installing CCF Development Server
|After installation, some temporary files remain on your computer and are not deleted. Ensure that you do not delete the files in the folder C:\Windows\Temp. CCF installer uses these temporary files when you uninstall CCF 2009.|
CCF 2009 does not support installing development tools on a 64-bit machine. Hence, the Developer Tools and Samples feature is not available in the 64-bit installer. However, DCS requires DCS software factory installed on the DCS server machine to communicate with the CCF server. For more information on configuring DCS Software Factory on 64-bit machines, see Installing DCS on a 64-bit Computer.
When installing the CCF environment, the Time Remaining information might be incorrect at some stages. This occurs due the varying amount of configuration time required for different environments.