Installing the DCS Business Logic Extensions for Visual Studio
This chapter describes requirements and procedures for installing and configuring the DCS Business Logic Extensions for Visual Studio and associated software. It also explains how to verify the installation.
Before you can install the DCS Business Logic Extensions for Visual Studio, you must install the prerequisite software. For information about software prerequisites, see Hardware and Software Requirements in Chapter 1.
To install the DCS Business Logic Visual Studio Extensions
- Insert the DCS Installation media, and then locate one of the following files:
- DCS_Business_Logic_Visual_Studio_Extensions.msi – Use this file if you are using Visual Studio 2005.
- DCS_Business_Logic_Visual_Studio_Extensions_VS2008.msi – Use this file if you are using Visual Studio 2008
Note: Note: The following procedure uses examples from a Visual Studio 2008 installation. However, the steps are identical for a Visual Studio 2005 installation.
- Click the appropriate .msi file to start the installation.
- Locate and run the appropriate Setup.exe file for your system (the installation media contains both 32 bit and 64 bit versions). The DCS Installation Wizard welcome page appears.
Note: Before you start the installation process, make sure that no other installations or Visual Studio processes are running on your computer.
Installation wizard welcome page
- Click Next. The End-User License Agreement page appears.
License agreement page
- Read the license agreement carefully, and then select I accept the terms in the License Agreement.
- Click Next. The Setup Installation Path and Disk Space Information page appears.
Setup Path and Installation Disk Space Information page
By default, DCS is installed in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CIS\DCS Business Logic Visual Studio Extensions folder. If you want to install it in a different location, click Browse, and then select a destination folder.
- Click Next. The first Tools Configuration page appears.
Tools Configuration page
- This Tools Configuration page lets you configure base URLs to other components. Enter the following information:
- Discovery Service URI – Type the location of the Discovery Service Unified Resource Identifier (URI).
- DCS Management Database Server – Type the name of the server where the database is located.
- DCS Management Database – Type the name of the DCS Management Database.
- Click Next. The second Tools Configuration page appears.
Tools Configuration – ServiceConfiguration database
- Enter the following information about the Service Configuration database:
- ServiceConfiguration Server Name – Type the name of the server where the database is located.
- ServiceConfiguration Database Name – Type the name of the ServiceConfiguration database.
- Security Token Service URI – Type the location of the Security Token Service URI.
- Click Next. The third Tools Configuration page appears.
Tools Configuration – Workflow Persistence
- Type the following workflow persistence information:
- WorkflowPersistence Server Name – Type the location of the Discovery Service URI.
- WorkflowPersistence Database Name – Type the name of the WorkflowPersistenceStore.
- Click Next. The Ready to Install page appears.
Ready to Install page
- Click Install to start the installation. An installation progress page appears.
- When the installation is complete, the installation completion page appears.
Wizard completion page
- Click Finish to complete the installation process and close the wizard.