Modifying CCF 2009 SP1 Installation
You can modify an existing CCF 2009 SP1 installation, through the CCF 2009 SP1 installer, by adding or removing existing CCF features. For example, you can add another role (such as ESSO) to an existing core server or development server. Before you modify the CCF installation, ensure you backup all required file of your CCF Development project.
|While reinstalling components using the Modify option on a Windows 2008 machine, some components may not be installed. This occurs when you run the installer using a non-administrator login and have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled. While modifying an installation, ensure that you run the installer with an admin login or disable UAC for the current login. To disable UAC, open Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off; and uncheck the Use User Account control (UAC) to help protect your computer option.|
To modify CCF 2009 SP1:
- Run the CCF installer
Open Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs, and click on CCF 2009. Select Change to display the CCF 2009 Installation Wizard.
- In the Welcome Screen, click Next.
- In the Program Maintenance screen, select Modify and click on Next.
The Custom Setup screen is displayed.
- In the Custom Setup screen, you add/remove any of the preselected components and click on Next to display the installation prerequisite check dialog box.
The installation checks for the availability of prerequisites depending on the features you have added/removed, and displays a report. The prerequisites that are not available are marked with an error symbol. Ensure you have all the prerequisites installed and click OK.
- Optionally, the Server Configuration window displayed. In the window, enter the server information and click Next.
- Optionally, the CCF Services – Application Pool screen is displayed. In the screen, enter the password for ASPUSER and click Next. ASPUSER is the domain account that is used to run the Application Pool in IIS. In case you are using a different domain account, enter the user name and password appropriately.
- In the Ready to Install screen, click Install to start the installation/uninstallation.
The Post Installation Scripts screen is displayed after the installation is complete.
- Click Next in the Post Installation Scripts screen to complete the installation.
- Click Finish. You will have to restart the machine for the changes to take effect.