Upgrading from a Previous Version of CCF
CCF 2009 SP1 allows you to upgrade the servers from previous versions; however, it does not perform an automatic upgrade for the agent desktop as this may have been customized. You will need to uninstall the old one, re-customize the new version, and install it.
CCF 2009 SP1 allows you to upgrade from CCF 2009 to CCF 2009 SP1. The CCF 2009 SP1 installer detects if CCF 2009 is installed and upgrades appropriately. The installer displays an appropriate message if the version of CCF found is prior to the CCF 2009 release. If your CCF version is not CCF 2009, you must uninstall the existing version and install CCF 2009 SP1. For more information, see Uninstalling CCF 2009 and Installing CCF.
During upgrading, the installer does not upgrade the databases, instead provides scripts to upgrade the existing CCF database to CCF 2009 SP1 database. However for CCF 2008 QFE, you can only upgrade the database but not other CCF components. To upgrade other CCF components of CCF 2008 QFE, you must uninstall CCF 2008 QFE and install CCF 2009 SP1. It is recommended that you review the scripts, before running them on your database. CCF allows you to move your CCF database to CCF 2009 SP1 by either Upgrading the CCF Databases or Migrating to a New Database.
If you are using Azman, ensure that you take a backup of the AzmanCCF.xml file from the <InstallDir>\Program Files\Microsoft CCF 2009\Datafolder.
|After upgrade, some configuration files are overwritten by new configuration files. The old configuration files are renamed to add the extension .old. For example, if the file name is web.config it is renamed to web.config.old. You can review these old configuration files to migrate the environment settings to the new configuration files.|
Ensure that you select Database Tools component when installing CCF 2009 SP1. This will install the database scripts in the folder <InstallDir>\Program Files\Microsoft CCF 2009\DBMigrationScripts\
To upgrade from CCF 2009 to CCF 2009 SP1:
- Run the CCF installer
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- In License Agreement window, read the End User License Agreement, select the agree button, and click Next.
- The installer checks for the existing versions of CCF. The installer displays a message if an existing version of CCF is found.
- Click on Update.
- The installer upgrades the existing version of CCF to CCF 2009 SP1. The Finalize Installation screen is displayed after the installation is complete.
- Click Next in the Finalize Installation screen to complete the installation.
- Click Finish. You will have to restart the machine for the changes to take effect.