The Agents node in Admin Console displays all the CCF agents configured in the server. The Agents node allows you to perform various agent-management operations such as:
- Searching for a New User in Active Directory
- Creating a New User in Active Directory
- Using the Admin Console to Search for a New Agent
- Using the Admin Console to Create a New Agent
- Adding an Existing Agent to a Group
- Modifying an Agent's Properties
- Deleting an Agent
- Modifying the Admin Console Configuration File
You must create users in Active directory, before you can assign them as CCF Agents in Admin Console. For more information about creating users in the Active Directory, see Creating a New User in Active Directory. CCF 2009 provides some pre-configured agents, such as DemoAgent1, DemoAgent2, and DemoAdmin. In some cases, the pre-configured agents have incorrect SIDs in the Admin Console. You must reset the Agent’s SID in Admin Console to rectify this issue. You have to repeat the process with all pre-configured users.
To reset an Agent’s SID:
- Expand the root node CCF in the tree on the left side of the pane.
- Right-click the desired Agent or use the search function (right-click the list view area) to locate the Agent.
- Type the First Name and Last Name of the agent in the search window. All agents with that name will be listed in the List View pane. Right-click the desired agent name in the List View pane and click Properties.
- Click the Agents Node.
The agent properties are displayed in tab menu pages.
- Click on Check Names. Admin Console checks (based on the user name) for the correct SID and replace the existing SID with the correct SID.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the Properties window.