How to Manage Results in the Output Pane
Updated: August 9, 2012
Applies To: Windows PowerShell 2.0
The Output Pane displays the results of the cmdlets you type and the scripts that you run. It also displays error messages.
Use the following steps to manage results in the Output Pane.
To select some or all of the results in the Output Pane
- Move the cursor to the Output Pane by clicking anywhere in the Output Pane, or by clicking Go to Output Pane on the View menu.
- In the Output Pane, select the results you want to work with.
To copy and paste results from the Output Pane
- To copy the selected text, click Copy on the toolbar.
- To paste the selected text at a current cursor position, click Paste on the toolbar.
To clear the results in the Output Pane
You cannot cut selected text from the Output Pane. However, you can clear the results in the Output Pane. To clear results, do one of the following:
- On the toolbar, click Clear Output Pane
- In the Command Pane, type “clear-host” and then press ENTER.
- In the Command Pane, type “cls” and then press ENTER.
Other ResourcesUsing the Windows PowerShell 2.0 ISE