Active Directory modes
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
The computer on which Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is running must be a domain member in a domain that is running in one of the following Active Directory modes:
- Windows 2000 Mixed
- Windows 2000 Native
- Windows Server 2003 Native
- Windows Server 2003 Interim
- All Windows Server 2008 Modes
- The computer on which Microsoft Dynamics CRM is running cannot function as an Active Directory domain controller, unless it is running Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition R2.
- When you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM in a Windows 2000 Mixed-mode domain, you cannot add users to Microsoft Dynamics CRM that are located in a different domain.
- Installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server in a domain that is running in Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) is not supported.
All Active Directory forest modes are supported. For more about Active Directory domain and forest modes, see How to raise domain and forest functional levels in Windows Server 2003.