The document is archived and information here might be outdated
64-bit supported configurations
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
Installing and running Microsoft Dynamics CRM on 64-bit editions of Windows Server, or 64-bit server applications, such as SQL Server or Exchange Server, has the following limitations:
- You must install the same-bit versions, either Microsoft Dynamics CRM editions (32-bit) or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 64-bit editions in a deployment. For example, running a computer that has a 64-bit version of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server platform server role group on one computer and running another computer that has a 32-bit version of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM application server role group in the same deployment is not supported.
- Running Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server (32-bit) is not supported on a Windows Server 64-bit operating system. The CRM Server cannot run in Windows- (32-bit) -On-Windows (64-bit) (WOW) mode.
- Microsoft SQL Server x64 editions are supported with either 64-bit or 32-bit editions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server. For example, you can use a computer that is running a SQL Server x64 edition as the database server to a 32-bit computer that is running the 32-bit edition of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server.
- Exchange Server 2007 editions, which are available only for 64-bit systems, are supported and can run 64-bit or 32-bit editions of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router.
- The 64-bit edition of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router can be deployed in an environment that has either the 64-bit or 32-bit editions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server.
- Both the SQL Server Reporting Services version and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for SQL Server Reporting Services version must be of the same processor architecture version as the Windows Server operating system.
- Running Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for SQL Server Reporting Services (32-bit) is not supported on a Windows Server 64-bit operating system, running in Windows-32-bit-On-Windows-64-bit (WOW) mode.