BizTalk ESB Toolkit Sample Applications
The Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit includes several sample applications that you can install and run to see how the ESB works and how it uses some of the ESB pipeline components. You can adapt and modify the code and techniques used in the samples for your own applications.
To install the sample applications
- Create a folder named Projects in the root of your C: drive, and create a subfolder named Microsoft.Practices.ESB within this folder.
Note: In the current release, the supported installation is for the files to reside in the folder C:\Projects\Microsoft.Practices.ESB. The BizTalk binding files that ship with the samples depend on this path.
- When you install the download, it includes a .zip file called ESBSource.zip in the installation location you specified (by default, C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.0). Uncompress the ESBSource.zip file into the C:\Projects\Microsoft.Practices.ESB folder. This will create folders named Keys and Source that contain the sample key and the samples with source code. The Source folder contains the source code for the sample application, and the Keys folder contains the public keys used to sign the assemblies in the sample applications.
- Before you run the samples, remove the read-only attribute on the C:\Projects\Microsoft.Practices.ESB\ folder so that the samples install correctly.
- If you have not used PowerShell scripts before, you must open PowerShell as an Administrator and run the following command:
- Open a command prompt as an administrator and run the following command to ensure WCF script maps are registered:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation>ServiceModelReg.exe -r -y
The following topics describe the sample applications and include additional installation instructions where applicable:
- Installing the Exception Management Samples
- Running the Repair and Resubmit Custom Exception Handler Sample
- Running the Message Persisting Custom Exception Handler Sample
- Running the BizTalk Failed Message Routing ESB Processing Sample
- Installing and Running the Itinerary On-Ramp Sample
- Installing and Running the JMS MQRFH2 Component Sample
- Installing and Running the Namespace Component Sample
- Installing and Running the Transformation Service Sample
- Installing and Running the Dynamic Resolution Sample
- Installing and Running the BizTalk Operations Sample
- Installing and Running the Resolver Service Sample
- Installing and Running the Scatter-Gather Sample
- Installing and Running the Message Enrichment Sample
- Installing and Running the Multiple Web Services Sample
- Installing and Running the Designer Extensibility Sample
- Running the Exception Handling Service Sample