MED-V Infrastructure Planning and Design
Updated: April 1, 2010
Applies To: Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization 1.0, Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization 1.0 SP1
In This Section
This section provides direction in planning and designing a Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) infrastructure and addresses the following tasks:
- Define the Project Scope
- Describes how to define the project scope by defining the end users, determining the MED-V images to be managed, determining the organization’s service level expectations, and validating with the business.
- Identify the Number of MED-V Instances
- Describes how to identify the number of MED-V instances required.
- Design the MED-V Server Infrastructure
- Describes how to design the server for each MED-V instance, the SQL Server database, and the management console.
- Design the MED-V Image Repositories
- Describes the steps required in designing the MED-V image repositories.
You can learn more about MDOP in the TechNet Library, search for troubleshooting on the TechNet Wiki, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.