Configuring Incident Management in Service Manager
Updated: December 1, 2010
Applies To: System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1
This section provides an overview of how to configure incident management in System Center Service Manager 2010. This section also contains procedures that cover the three main incident management configuration scenarios: configuring incident settings, creating an incident template, and configuring e-mail incident support.
In This Section
- About Configuring Incident Management in Service Manager
- Provides an overview of how to configure incident management.
- How to Set File Attachment Limits
- Describes how to set the number of files and the size of a file that can be attached to an incident.
- How to Set Incident Priority
- Describes how to define the incident priority based on impact and urgency.
- How to Set Resolution Time
- Describes how to define the incident resolution time based on incident priority.
- How to Set Operations Manager Web Settings
- Describes how to specify the URL that Service Manager uses to connect to the Operations Manager 2007 Web console.
- How to Create Incident Templates
- Describes how to create a template that is used when you create incidents.
- How to Configure Your Infrastructure for E-Mail Incident Support
- Describes how to configure Exchange Server and SMTP to let users submit incidents by sending an e-mail.
Did you find this information helpful? Please send your suggestions and comments about System Center Service Manager documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.