Management Server Disaster Recovery in Service Manager 2010 SP1
Updated: December 1, 2010
Applies To: System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1
This section describes how to recover a Service Manager or data warehouse management server. If you installed additional Service Manager management servers, then you have the option of promoting an additional Service Manager management server. Regardless of whether you encounter software or hardware failures of the Service Manager management server, your recovery process centers around restoring a computer that has the same computer name.
For either management server, your first step must be to restore the encryption key before you start the management server setup.
In This Section
- How to Restore the Service Manager Encryption Key
- Describes how to restore the Service Manager encryption key.
- How to Recover a Service Manager Management Server
- Describes how to recover a Service Manager management server.
- How to Recover a Data Warehouse Management Server
- Describes how to recover a data warehouse management server.
- How to Promote a Service Manager Management Server
- Describes how to promote a secondary Service Manager management server.
Did you find this information helpful? Please send your suggestions and comments about System Center Service Manager documentation to email@example.com.