Preparing for Service Manager 2010 SP1 Deployment
Updated: December 1, 2010
Applies To: System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1
Before you start the deployment of Service Manager, you will create a group of users in Active Directory and creates or identifies a domain account that he will use during setup. Make sure that the domain account is a member of the appropriate groups needed for proper operation of Service Manager. Keep the following in mind when installing Service Manager and Operations Manager on the same server:
Operations Manager and Service Manager can share the database server.
An Operations Manager agent and the Service Manager management server can coexist on the same server if you install the Service Manager management server first and then manually install the Operations Manager agent.
You can install both the Operations Manager console and the Service Manager console on the same computer. The order in which you install the consoles does not matter.
Do not attempt to use the same SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) instance for both Operations Manager and Service Manager.
In This Section
- Account Considerations for Running Setup
- Provides information about the accounts that are required to run setup and about the accounts you will be required to provide during the setup of Service Manager.
- How to Prepare Computers for Service Manager Deployment
- Describes the step you would take to prepare a computer before running setup.
- Account Considerations for the Self-Service Portal
- Provides information about how to configure permissions for the Service Manager services and workflow accounts in System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
Did you find this information helpful? Please send your suggestions and comments about System Center Service Manager documentation to email@example.com.