Authoring in the Operations Console
The Operations console provides functionality for creating management packs and basic monitoring scenarios. Templates and wizards accessible from the Authoring tab allow you to create such management pack elements as monitors, rules, and distributed applications without requiring advanced knowledge of Operations Manager 2007 R2.
Monitoring scenarios that cannot be achieved with the Operations console can be created with the Authoring console as documented in the Management Pack Authoring Guide. This guide assumes a deeper knowledge of Operations Manager 2007 R2 and requires more advanced technical skills.
The following topics provide guidance on implementing new monitoring using the Operations console.
- Selecting a Target for a Workflow
- Concepts of how monitors and rules are loaded on an agent and how to select an appropriate target when creating them.
- Creating Monitors
- Information on how to create and manage monitors.
- Creating Rules
- Information on how to create and manage rules.
- Monitoring Distributed Applications
- Using the Distributed Application Designer to create and manage distributed applications.
- Monitoring Service Levels
- Defining and creating service level objectives for tracking availability of an application compared to defined objectives.
- Monitoring by Using Synthetic Transactions
- Monitoring web based applications by simulating the activities of a user.