Updated: April 15, 2013
Applies To: System Center Operations Manager 2007
|This topic has been updated in the latest version of the System Center Management Pack Authoring Guide on the TechNet Wiki.|
Reports in System Center Operations Manager 2007 analyze information stored in the data warehouse. In comparison, data included in views comes from the Operations Manager database. The data warehouse includes aggregated data over much longer periods of time.
Linked reports can be created using the Authoring console to provide customized versions of generic reports that are included with Operations Manager 2007. The following sections provide details of linked reports and processes for creating and including them in your management pack.
In addition to this guide, a video titled How Do I: Create a Linked Report in Operations Manager 2007? is available that provides an overview of linked reports including a walkthrough of creating two sample reports.
In This Section
- Components of a Linked Report
- Identifies the different components of a linked report that need to be defined for it to be included in a management pack.
- Report Parameters
- Defines report parameters and provides details for using parameters in different kinds of linked reports.
- Report Controls
- Defines report controls and provides details for using controls in different kinds of linked reports.
- Generic Reports
- Details on each kind of generic report that can be used as a base for a linked report.