Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook software component prerequisites
The following components must be installed and running on the computer before you run Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Setup:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer. One of the following:
- Internet Explorer 7
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft Office. One of the following:
- Microsoft Office 2003 SP3
- 2007 Microsoft Office system SP2
- Office 2010
The Indexing Service (now known as the Windows Search Service, or WSS) is required by users who will set up and use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and its help file in offline mode.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM. One of the following editions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM must be available so that Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook can connect to it:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM (On-Premises Edition)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or earlier versions are not supported.
Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Outlook 2000 versions are not supported for installing and running Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
To install and run the 64-bit version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, a 64-bit version of Office 2010 is required.
Before you run the Configuration Wizard to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, a Microsoft Office Outlook profile must exist for the user. Therefore, Outlook must be run at least once to create the user's Outlook profile.
If the following components are missing, they will be installed by Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Setup:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition SP1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) 4.5.
- MSXML 4.0
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2010
- Microsoft Application Error Reporting
- Windows Identity Framework (WIF)