On these pages of the Windows® Internet Explorer® Customization Wizard 9, you are prompted for basic information about the type and scope of the custom package that you want to create. The custom package installs and configures Internet Explorer 9.
This stage contains the following pages:
- File Locations. Specify the location where the custom package will be saved. Make sure the location or folder that you choose is secure.
- Platform Selection. Specify the operating system and processor architecture on which the custom package will be deployed. This version of Internet Explorer Administration Kit supports x86-based and x64-based versions of Windows 7, Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Server 2008 with SP2, and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit with SP2. You must create a separate package for each operating system.
- Language Selection. Specify the language for the custom browser. You must create a separate package for each language of Internet Explorer that you want to provide.
- Media Selection. Select the media format or formats that you want to use to distribute the custom browser. Also, on this page you can choose to create a configuration-only package to update browsers that have already been deployed in your organization.
- Feature Selection. Select the browser features that you want to customize for the package. The features that are offered differ depending on the version of Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9 that you selected during installation — Internet service provider (ISP), Internet content provider (ICP), or Corporate version.
|To run Internet Explorer Administration Kit 9, you must have Internet Explorer 9 installed.|
For more information about using the Internet Explorer Customization Wizard 9, see Run the Internet Explorer Customization Wizard 9.