Restore a Copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online SQL Database
To receive a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online SQL Server database, contact Live Customer Service by calling 1-877-CRM-CHOICE (1-877-276-2464) Monday-Friday, 8:00 A.M.-8:00 P.M. Central Time (UTC-6) in the U.S. and in Canada.
Restore the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online SQL Server database
The backup of your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online SQL Server database must be restored by using a server running the same (or a newer) version of Microsoft SQL Server as is running in Microsoft’s data centers. At the time of this writing, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online data centers are running SQL Server 2008.
Restore the copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online SQL Server database to a computer running SQL Server in the target Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on-premises deployment. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio, and then connect to the appropriate instance of Microsoft SQL Server.
- In Object Explorer, right-click Databases, and then click Restore Database.
- Type the name of a new database in the To database open text box. The database name must include _MSCRM in the name. For example the database name is PoC_MSCRM.
- On the General page, in the Source for restore section, click From device.
- Click the browse button in the From device option. This opens the Specify Backup window.
- In the Specify Backup window, click the Add button to open the Locate Backup File window.
- Select the file you want to use for the restore operation, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Specify Backup window.
- Mark the checkbox in the Restore column next to the backup set option.
- Click OK to begin the restore process.