Management Server Disaster Recovery in Service Manager
Updated: November 1, 2013
Applies To: System Center 2012 - Service Manager, System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 - Service Manager
This section describes how to recover a System Center 2012 – Service Manager management server or a data warehouse management server. If you installed additional Service Manager management servers, you have the option of promoting an additional Service Manager management server. Regardless of whether you encounter software or hardware failures of the Service Manager management server, your recovery process is based on restoring a computer that has the same computer name.
For either management server, your first step must be to restore the encryption key before you start the management server setup.
In This Section
- How to Restore the Service Manager Encryption Key
- Describes how to restore the Service Manager encryption key.
- How to Recover a Service Manager Management Server
- Describes how to recover a Service Manager management server.
- How to Recover a Data Warehouse Management Server
- Describes how to recover a data warehouse management server.
- How to Promote a Service Manager Management Server
- Describes how to promote a secondary Service Manager management server.
For additional resources, see Information and Support for System Center 2012.
Tip: Use this query to find online documentation in the TechNet Library for System Center 2012. For instructions and examples, see Search the System Center 2012 Documentation Library.