Prepare for Service Manager Disaster Recovery
Updated: November 1, 2013
Applies To: System Center 2012 - Service Manager, System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 - Service Manager
This section describes the steps that you must take for System Center 2012 – Service Manager disaster recovery before problems occur. The steps that you take to recover from a disaster are based on completion of the steps that are outlined here. In general, preparing your Service Manager environment for disaster recovery involves the following:
Deploying Service Manager with management servers and databases on separate computers.
Backing up the encryption keys on the Service Manager and data warehouse management servers.
Backing up the SQL databases.
Backing up your unsealed management packs.
In This Section
- Deployment Strategy for Service Manager
- Describes the deployment strategy that you must use to prepare for disaster recovery.
- Backing Up Service Manager Management Servers
- Describes the steps that you must take to back up Service Manager management servers.
- Backing Up Service Manager Databases
- Describes the steps that you must take to back up Service Manager databases.
- Backing Up Unsealed Management Packs in Service Manager
- Describes the steps that you must take to back up unsealed management packs.
For additional resources, see Information and Support for System Center 2012.
Tip: Use this query to find online documentation in the TechNet Library for System Center 2012. For instructions and examples, see Search the System Center 2012 Documentation Library.