Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server on Windows
The Microsoft ODBC Driver 13.1 and 11 for SQL Server are stand-alone drivers that provide an application programming interface (API) that implements the standard ODBC interfaces to Microsoft SQL Server.
The ODBC Driver for SQL Server can be used to create new applications. You can also upgrade your older applications that currently use an older ODBC driver. The ODBC Driver for SQL Server supports connections to Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2005.
This documentation for the Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server includes:
- Release Notes
- Features of the Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server on Windows
- System Requirements, Installation, and Driver Files
- Driver-Aware Connection Pooling in the ODBC Driver for SQL Server
- Asynchronous Execution (Notification Method) Sample
- Connection Resiliency in the Windows ODBC Driver
- Using Always Encrypted with the Windows ODBC Driver
- Using Azure Active Directory with the Windows ODBC Driver
- Using Transparent Network IP Resolution