Deploying System Center 2012 R2 App Controller
Updated: November 1, 2013
Applies To: System Center 2012 - App Controller, System Center 2012 R2 App Controller, System Center 2012 SP1 - App Controller
Setting up System Center 2012 - App Controller consists of using the System Center 2012 - App Controller Setup program to lead you through the installation process, as well as configuring user role-based security and adding resources to the App Controller Library.
Before installing App Controller, be sure that the system meets hardware and software requirements and that all prerequisite software is installed. For more information about hardware and software requirements for App Controller, see System Requirements for System Center 2012 - App Controller.
If you plan to install App Controller in a High Availability (HA) configuration, review the system requirements before beginning the installation.
An App Controller installation consists of the following features:
One or more App Controller servers
Each App Controller server hosts a website console for access by using a supported browser.
- Each App Controller server hosts a website console for access by using a supported browser.
A SQL Server database
Windows PowerShell cmdlets
In This Section
- Installing App Controller
- Describes how to deploy App Controller.
- Configuring App Controller
- Describes how to configure App Controller.
- How to Back up and Restore System Center 2012 - App Controller
- Describes how to prepare App Controller for disaster recovery.
- Uninstalling App Controller
- Describes how to uninstall App Controller.
- Managing User Roles
- Describes how to create and manage user roles in App Controller.
- Using App Controller Library Resources
- Describes how to manage the App Controller Library.
- Setting up Public and Private Clouds
- Describes how to manage your public and private cloud connections, and connections to hosting service providers. Support for hosting service providers is available only in System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- How to Install a Language Pack
- Describes how to install a language pack for App Controller to work in a different language.
For additional resources, see Information and Support for System Center 2012.
Tip: Use this query to find online documentation in the TechNet Library for System Center 2012. For instructions and examples, see Search the System Center 2012 Documentation Library.