Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-053
Downloaded Applications Can Execute on Mac IE 5.1 for OS X.
Originally posted: October 23, 2001
Updated: June 13, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
All users of Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.1 for Macintosh®
Impact of vulnerability:
Run code of attacker's choice
Maximum risk rating:
Customers should use the Mac OS X v10.1 Software Update utility to install the "Internet Explorer Security Update"
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1 for the Macintosh
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q311052 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (October 23, 2001): Bulletin Created.
- V1.1 (June 13, 2003): Updated download links to Windows Update.