Add the RDSH Server, create a collection, and publish the RemoteApp programs
Applies To: Windows Server 2016
Use the following steps to deploy RemoteApp programs in your desktop hosting environment. Make sure you have reviewed and completed the prerequisites before starting.
Add the RD Session Host to your deployment
Step 1, creating a public IP address for the RDMS virtual machine, is only necessary if it does not already have one assigned.
- Create a public IP address for the virtual machine running Remote Desktop Management Services (RDMS). The RDMS virtual machine will typically be the virtual machine running the first instance of the RD Connection Broker role.
- In the Azure portal, click Browse > Resource groups, click the resource group for the deployment and then click the RDMS virtual machine (for example, Contoso-Cb1).
- Click Settings > Network interfaces, and then click the corresponding network interface.
- Click Settings > IP address.
- For Public IP address, select Enabled, and then click IP address.
- If you have an existing public IP address you want to use, select it from the list. Otherwise, click Create new, enter a name, and then click OK and then Save.
- Connect to the RDMS virtual machine:
- In the Azure portal click Browse > Resource groups and click the resource group for the deployment.
- Select the new RDMS virtual machine (for example, Contoso-Cb1).
- Click Connect > Open to open the Remote Desktop client.
- In the client, click Connect, and then click Use another user account. Enter the user name and password for a domain administrator account.
- Click Yes when warned about the certificate.
- Add the new RD Web and Gateway server to Server Manager:
- Launch Server Manager, click Manage > Add Servers.
- In the Add Servers dialog, click Find Now.
- Select the newly created RD Session Host server (for example, Contoso-Shr1) and click OK.
- Add RDSH server to the deployment
- Launch Server Manager .
- Click Remote Desktop Services > Overview > Deployment Servers > Tasks > Add RD Session Host Servers.
- Select the newly created server (for example, Contoso-Shr1), and then click Next.
- On the Confirmation page, select Restart remote computers as needed, and then click Add.
- Create a file share for the RemoteApp collection user provide disks
- Open File Explorer, click This PC, and open the disk that you created for file shares.
- Click Home > New Folder.
- Enter a name for the user disks folder, for example, UserDisksr.
- Right-click the new folder, and then click Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing.
- Select Share this folder, and then click Permissions.
- Select Everyone, and then click Remove. Now click Add, enter Domain Admins, and click OK.
- Select Allow Full Control, and then click OK > OK > Close.
Create a session collection and publish RemoteApp programs
- In Server Manager, click Remote Desktop Services > Collections > Tasks > Create Session Collections.
- Enter a name for the collection, for example ContosoApps.
- Select the new RD Session Host server you created (for example, Contoso-Shr1).
- Accept the default User Groups.
- Enter the location of the file share you created for the user profile disks for this collection (for example, \Contoso-Cb1\UserDisksr).
- Click Create. When the collection is created, click Close.
- In Server Manager, select the new collection (ContosoApps).
- Under RemoteApp Programs, click Publish RemoteApp programs.
- Select the programs you want to publish, and then click Publish.