Configure your desktop hosting environment
Applies To: Windows Server 2016
Before you start deploying any of the desktop hosting solutions for Remote Desktop Services, there are some steps you need to take to prepare your environment:
- Create a Microsoft Azure subscription.
- Sign into the Azure portal.
- Create an Azure storage account.
- Create the storage account in the Azure Resource Manager and create it in a new resource group.
- Set up an Active Directory forest on a virtual network.
- Create the virtual network in the same resource group as the storage account.
- Ensure to follow the steps to install AD DS.
- Ignore further steps to create VMs for domain members.
- After these steps, you will have a virtual network and a domain to deploy virtual machines running Remote Desktop Services roles.
- Create virtual machines and prepare them for Remote Desktop.
- After these steps, you will have three machines that are domain-joined and ready to have Remote Desktop Services roles installed on them.
Then, after you follow the steps in the hosting guides, you'll want to validate the connection and secure the deployment.