Deploy RemoteApp programs
Applies To: Windows Server 2016
RemoteApp programs let you share apps, programs, and resources with your users as part of your Remote Desktop Services deployment. To do this, you need to deploy a Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) server and collection
There are multiple ways to deploy a desktop hosting solution. Throughout the document, specific examples are given that can be used as a starting point for a basic deployment. These examples are identified with the ( ) notation.
Before you get started, make sure you have:
- Create a basic desktop hosting service deployment.
- Create a virtual machine image that contains the apps and programs you want to share.
- For consistency, we named the new RemoteApp virtual machine "Contoso-Shr1"
- Create a new availability set for the RemoteApp virtual machines (like, ShrAvSet)
- You can also create a customized RDSH virtual machine image.
- Prepare that virtual machine for Remote Desktop.
- Add the RDSH server to the deployment, create a collection, and publish your apps and programs to users.
- Validate and secure the deployment.