Additional Resources for Windows Server Update Services 3.0
For more information and support, see the following resources.
Windows Server Update Services communities
Microsoft communities are great places to exchange ideas with other users and discuss common issues. You can read and write messages by using an NNTP-based newsreader such as Microsoft Outlook Express. You can also use the Web-based newsreader provided by Microsoft to access all of the newsgroups. To access the WSUS Communities, go to Windows Server Update Services Communities Homepage (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=45215)
For complete information about installing and using WSUS, refer to the following:
- The WSUS Step by Step Installation Guide at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=139836.
- The WSUS Deployment Guide at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=139832.
- The WSUS Release Notes at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=139840.
- The WSUS Administration Console online Help.
- For information that helps you automate tasks or customize WSUS, see the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services Software Developer's Kit (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43099) and Windows Update Agent Software Developer's Kit (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43101). Note that the Windows Update Agent is the Automatic Updates service. Both SDKs contain information about the application programming interface (API), as well as sample scripts and ready-to-use tools for your WSUS deployment and implementation.