The Settings node in Administration view enables you to modify the following systemwide settings for Virtual Machine Manager:
- Customer Experience Improvement Program Settings—Join or withdraw from the optional Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP). For information, see How to Join or Withdraw from the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP).
- Library Settings—Modify the frequency of automatic library refreshes, or cancel scheduled refreshes. For information, see How to Configure Library Refreshes.
- Placement Settings—Set systemwide defaults for calculating host ratings during virtual machine placement. For information, see How to Set Placement Defaults for Virtual Machines.
- Reporting Settings—After deploying the Server Virtualization Management Pack in System Center Operations Manager 2007, enable reporting in Virtual Machine Manager. For information, see How to Enable Reporting in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Self-Service Settings—Specify the administrative contact for users creating and managing their own virtual machines through virtual machine self-service. For information, see How to Specify the Administrative Contact for Self-Service Users.
- VMRC Settings—Assign the port for accessing virtual machines via the Virtual Machine Remote Control (VMRC) server, and optionally specify VMRC access accounts to grant administrators access to virtual machines on all managed hosts. For information, see How to Configure VMRC Access to Virtual Machines.