System Center Capacity Planner 2007 User's Guide
System Center Capacity Planner 2007 is an application that you can use to create a capacity model that simulates the application and hardware infrastructures for Microsoft Exchange Server. You can then use the capacity model to help plan a deployment of the application in your organization.
The following sections and topics of this guide explain the features and capabilities of Capacity Planner, and provide an overview of the capacity planning process and end-to-end Capacity Planner usage scenario:
- About System Center Capacity Planner This section introduces Capacity Planner, its features, and capabilities. Installation instructions are included in this section. Modeling application features are also discussed.
- Capacity Planning Overview This topic provides a brief overview of the methodology that capacity planning and Capacity Planner is based upon.
- Planning for Exchange Server 2007 This topic introduces you to the capacity planning process for Exchange Server.
- Step by Step for Pre-Deployment Sizing This section describes capacity planning pre-deployment best practices, concepts, and introduces the Model Wizard.
- Step by Step for Exchange Server 2007 Deployment Planning This end-to-end usage scenario explains how to use Capacity Planner features to build a capacity model as you plan for an Exchange Server deployment.
- Step by Step for Analyzing Simulation Results This topic explains how to adjust and optimize your capacity model and output information that you can use produce a final analysis.
- Step by Step for Configuring Hardware This usage scenario explains how to use the Hardware Editor to add devices and computers that can be used in a capacity model.